Want to join the CAC?
The CAC is currently seeking nominations from community members to fill several positions on this nine-person committee, with up to two apprentice positions. The CAC strives to be representative of the diverse populations most affected by HIV and related health conditions in Canada, along with all geographical regions of the country.
Interested nominees should have:
- An interest in contemporary scientific research on HIV, hepatitis C (HCV) and/or sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections (STBBIs)
- Knowledge of issues related to HIV, HCV and/or STBBIs including prevention, treatment, and care
- Personal and/or professional connections to communities of people living with HIV
- An understanding of issues relevant to HIV communities
- A strong command of spoken and written English. Francophones are strongly encouraged to apply
A scientific background is not required to serve on the CAC, as training will be provided to successful candidates. Terms of appointment last three years. Nominees will be selected by the CTN in consultation with current CAC members and external community partners.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest and a brief resumé, together with a nomination letter from a community group,* to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 1, 2021.
*A relevant community group is a registered organization, charity, association, educational institution or governmental department whose mandate relates to care, advocacy, research and/or policy for the HIV community